So you’ve got a great business to sell but… how are buyers supposed to know how great it is? A CIM. That’s how.
A CIM is a Confidential Information Memorandum. It is a detailed document that showcases your business (think a much more detailed version of a real estate flyer) so that you or your business broker can use it to market it.
Some of the things that will go into a CIM include:
- Detailed info about you as the owner and why you are selling
- Financial performance of your company
- Bios of key management team members
- History of the company
- Information about your key competitors
- Customer/client information especially including details about large ones if there are any
- Details about the service you provide and how it is unique
- Growth opportunities and obstacles in the near future